I hope the holiday season finds you healthy, happy and warm. We are ever grateful for your continued support of our company and our agents, and hope that we can continue to work together for many years.
As 2008 comes to a close, I want to assure you of Village’s sound and stable position in Nashville’s real estate market. Despite this year’s softer real estate market, Village is extremely well-positioned to enhance its market share in the coming years, and we are striving now to make that a reality. We have shown that having core strength in our downtown and midtown markets gives us a healthy platform, and we have garnered an amazing stronghold there.
We have also moved forward with many new initiatives and divisions that will allow Village to continue to grow and prosper, and enhance your experience with our company.
– Village Commercial and Village Property Management have joined our family of services. There is great synergy between residential and neighborhood commercial sales and we are convinced our commercial department will serve both Village and Nashville well.
– Village PM is growing stronger every month. In this market, leasing has become a popular option and we are now able to help facilitate and improve the process.
– CLG Title & Escrow and CityLife Lending, our in-house title and lending companies, are prospering. CityLife Lending is aligned with one of the healthiest banks in the nation, Wells Fargo, and is having its best year.
Village is attractive to the Realtor community in these difficult times because of our strong presence in the marketplace and the numerous resources we offer our agents. We have initiated a strong recruiting campaign in the fourth quarter, and our efforts have led to 21 experienced and successful Realtors joining our company. Village Realtors stay current with our rigorous training curriculum focused on networking, marketing, technology, and other topics pertinent to today’s market. We also host monthly Roundtable Discussions which allow our agents to share tips for success.
Our many developments are faring well, and some are doing extraordinarily well.
– West End Station in Sylvan Park has sold and completed its first phase.
– The Glen in Hillsboro Village is just wrapping up construction and has sold 36 of 38 units.
– Icon in the Gulch has been closing strong and continues to add new sales.
– Rolling Mill Hill in SoBro will complete its first phase in January.
– Rhythm at Music Row, a 99-unit high rise on Demonbreun Street, will begin closings in March.
Our agent community has also made successful strides this year. Thanks to the active Realtors at Village, Middle Tennessee’s Multiple Listing Service now can showcase green home features. Many of our agents also were featured throughout the year on HGTV programs. And, I was honored to accept the Greenways for Nashville Volunteer of the Year Award and was elected to the Greater Nashville Association of Realtor’s Board of Directors.
At Village, our priorities and our mission to support the community remains the same. The Village Fund, as highlighted in the latest Realtor magazine, continues to give back to the community. The non-profits our fund supports are suffering the most during this economy and we are pleased to continue to make donations to their causes. Eighty-two percent of Village agents and staff contribute to the Village Fund. This is an amazing number. As they say, it takes a Village – and we are that Village!
Village is also positioned for success through our green initiatives. We strive to promote a greener community through sustainable, smart growth in Nashville’s urban markets. At the beginning of the year, I worked with GNAR to create an Environmental Committee and chaired this group. We also have worked to green Village from the inside out by implementing new business practices that have reduced our company’s carbon footprint. Our agents and employees print double-sided on recycled paper, turn lights off in unused office space, use eco-friendly cleaning supplies, carpool, and even receive incentives for driving high-efficiency vehicles. We also donated over 300 memberships to the Nashville Civic Design Center this year.
One of our resolutions is to stay in better communication with you in 2009. We will publish our first Annual Report in the first quarter and will post it online to share. We are launching a monthly e-newsletter where I will share my thoughts on Nashville’s market and other real estate news, events and development announcements. We invite you to visit our new Village YouTube channel at http://www.watchvillagetv.com to view video tours of our developments and resale homes (coming soon in early 2009) and to become a regular reader of my blog.
I am confident Village will prosper and, like you, will weather this economic storm and come out stronger and more determined for success. Thank you for your continued support of Village and for your commitment to help us build a better Middle Tennessee. Please let me know what we can do to better serve you.